The Selfish Giant by Oscar Wilde is a beautiful fairy tale about a selfish giant who doesn’t want children play in his wonderful garden. The tale is excellent with passages that show selfishness, compassion, love and friendship. The Selfish Giant is very readable if you enjoy heart-rending and love stories. I highly recommend it.

8 comments:
Sorry Nestor. I had to remove your comment because you gave away the ending!!!!
Never do that if you want other people to read the story.
Ok, I forgot about that. Well, the story is nice. It has some Christian symbolic features.The child represents Jesus and the garden mentioned by the little child represents the paradise promised by Christ after death. Bye, Nestor
I haven't read this one. The only thing I've read by Wilde is "The importance of being Earnest", and I like it. He was a really wise writer and I'd like to read something by him again.
The thruth is that I really like love stories,in fact, they are my favourites. Besides, I have never read a story or a novel written by Oscar Wilde and, according to the rest of the comments and reviews, it seems everyone likes his works. Maybe this story is the opportunity to start reading something by this author.
I think I have never read something written by Oscar Wilde, but I am not sure, Anyway, I would like to read this as well, the problem is that there are so many thrilling and interesting stories to read but there is not too much time. As a result, I note down the titles which I like most for the summer`s holidays.
I agree with Gabriela. There are so many interesting things to read and not enough time. I would like to read this story. The only thing I have read by Oscar Wilde was "The phantom of teh opera" at school and it was great.
I will write a list with all the things I would like to read from the blog.
I like reading Oscar Wilde´s stories but I wouldn´t read this one because as Nestor has said this short stories has some religious features and I don´t like reading stories with this kind of theme. But I can say that Wilde is an excellent short story writer.
Marisol
Post a Comment