Saturday, October 11, 2008

Orpheus and Eurydice

 

This is a short story written by Josephine Preston Peabody which deals with the process of mourning that generally appears when a love relationship comes to an end or a relative dies. It is in this precise sense that Orpheus cannot bear his process of mourning and misses so much his loved woman, Eurydices, that he decides to rescue her form the depths of the Hades. I recommend this story to read since not only it deals with Greek mythology, love and symbolic features, but also leaves a deep message.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read a lot of mythology when I was a child. they represented to me tales and fantastic stories, I really enjoyed them. I used to read them from a very big dictionary which belonged to my father.I found them very interesting because they had human caracteristhics and very passionate lives.