Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The open window (by Saki)


I' ve read "The open window" by Saki and I found it very good. This is the kind of story in which a whole world is created in only two pages. I recommend it to those who like suspense and complex characters. 

3 comments:

Noelia said...

Hi Marian!
As you have already said this story would be to those who like suspense and complex characters.
As regards your comment I think this is not the story I would choose to read.

Anonymous said...

In contrast, I consider those kind of stories lovely. They are short and full of content, and they make you think a lot. Thanks for your recommendation Marian! I’ll read it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I never heard of this short story but it seems to be interesting. I know that Saki was a famous writer. According to your review the story presents complex caracterization and suspense. Definitely, these are the kind of short stories I like reading. Bye