Monday, October 6, 2008

The new cat (by Robert Lynd)


"The new cat" is a British short story writen by Robert Lynd (1879-1949) who was an Irish writer.
The story is about a man that met his old friend after a long time, but he can't talk to him because of his friend's pet, Oliver Cromwell, the cat.
It is a nice and funny short story. It isn't difficul to read althoug it isn't separate in paragraphs cause "The new cat" was writen for a newspaper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to read this short story because of the outline and its plot. It sounds interesting the fact that it was written for a newspaper. Yesi, Could you give me a copy of this short story?

Marisol

Anonymous said...

Well, I would like to read this short story. The idea of a person that cannot talk to a friend because of a cat seems very fun and bizarre too.

Noelia said...

Hi!
This is not the story I would choose to read.

Anonymous said...

I assumed that it was a short story from the very beginings of the short stories which were only published in newspapers. It would be very interesting to read it and see how it was done.