
CRIME STORY COLLECTION with CD ROM - Penguin Active Reading 4
Peso: 0.4321Kg.
ISBN: 9781405852180
Editorial: PEARSON EDUCATION
(Review by Marisol Mallemaci)
The Absence of Emily was first published in The Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine in 1981, and it won an Edgar Award in that year from the Mystery Writers of America. It has been reprinted in five anthologies, including “The Best American Mystery Stories of the Century” (2000), andit was filmed twice, for the TV series Tales of the Unexpected as a short film in 2005, when it won the Best Foreign Film award at the Dixie Film Festival in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Absence of Emily is an absorbing story about a woman and man´s ambition. Wanting to lose weight, Albert’s second wife, Emily, goes secretly to a health farm. Emily´s sister, Millicent, believes that Albert has murdered her and tries to scare him into confessing.But Albert has planned to make himself appear to be guilty, so that Millicent will be obligated to give Albert and Emily the financial help they need.`s way of telling storiess extremely gripping and his way of creating an exciting plot holds the readers `s attention.
Don `t miss it. “The absence of Emily” is a highly recommended short story because readers who enjoy original suspense might keep reading until they discover what happens at the end of the story. The description of the events makes the story a catchy piece of reading so if you haven’t read it, make sure you get a copy.
4 comments:
I read this story last year in Written Expression I and I really enjoyed it.The plot is really gripping.
I have read this story last year, too, as Jesica did. I liked it a lot.
"The Absence of Emily" was the only story I read from Jack Ritchie and I really enjoyed it.
I read this story last year, like Jesica and Daniela did. I agree to the fact that was a good one.
Post a Comment