Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The singing lesson (by Katherine Mansfield)


"The singing lesson" by Katherine Mansfield, it' s a story that seems to have been written for women who are in love. It deals with love and the way in which ladies experience this complex feeling but, on the other hand, it criticises marriage in a very subtle way. Highly recommendable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think we have read something by Katherine Mansfield but I don´t remember what. Anyway, I would like to read this one. The theme seems interesting and , as Mariana says, I think it´s especially for women.

Anonymous said...

I think this writer had a very hard life and she wrote about women'suffering in her productions. I have learnt about her in the analysis we have done in Culture, and she reflects the social problems a woman at that time had to deal with.