Saturday, October 11, 2008

A GLOWING FUTURE (by By Ruth Rendell)

 

    This is a story which immerses you directly in the situation at the very beginning. As soon as you start reading, you discover a triangular love. Maurice and Betsy share a flat in London but suddenly he tells her to go back to Australia where he has another love called Patricia. The fact is that he plans to work, get married, and begin a responsible family life there. Although Maurice has a wonderful future in front of him, something changes the course of things forever.

     This piece of reading is highly recommended because you can not put it down till you finish. Rendell’s way of  writing (includes) a well thought-out plot which makes the story an absorbing one. Don’t miss it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know by the title that I read this story last year but I cannot remember the plot whatsoever. I think the plot might develop in the Roman Colosseum even though I'm not sure enough.

Anonymous said...

I´d like to read this story becuase I know that she is an excellent writer.I read one of her short stories last year but I can`t remember its name.The truth is that I love reading this type of stories and as soon as I can I´ll ask for a copy.
marisol

Anonymous said...

I´ ve read this story and I think it`s great, especially the twist in the final part. I recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Dear gabi,
I will ask you to lend me the book to read something of this writer because she is a well-known author, and our mates who have read it enjoyed reading the book.

Anonymous said...

dear gabriela´, I would like to read this book, to know something about this author, and I realized our mates who have read it enjoyed it. Maria Laura