Thursday, October 16, 2008

A glowing future (by Ruth Rendell)

   

  This is a story which immerses you directly in the situation at the very beginning. As soon as you start reading, you discover a triangular love. Maurice and Betsy share a flat in London but suddenly he tells her to go back to Australia to work, marry, and begin a responsible family life with Patricia. Maurice has a wonderful future in front of him but something changes the course of things forever.

     This piece of reading is highly recommended because  you can not put it down till you finish.  Rendell's way of  writing is a well thought-out, which makes the story an absorbing one. Don`t miss it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, according to your review, I read this short story last year. Nevertheless, I canno't remember the plot now. I'd better re -read it again so that I can eventually stick a new comment. Bye.

Anonymous said...

Dear Gabi, I remenber we had to read a story of this author called the judgement on stone, ande it was really gripping. I am thinking asking you to lend me the book in order to enjoy it as you did.

Noelia said...

Hi Gaby!
From my point of view your review is excelent. You wrote a few comments which let me think and try to guess about what had happend thoughout the story. It seems to be a gripping story, I will read it as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
The only piece of writing that I knew by this author is "A judjement in stone". I have unly read a few chapters, but I found it very interesting. I'm planning to finish it during the summer.
As Gabriela said, Ruth Rendell's way of writing is very gripping.

Anonymous said...

For me, this idea of a triangular love is very interesting. Also, the way Gaby comments the book made me want to read it. Maybe I´ll do after the midterms.

Anonymous said...

'Have you ever been smashed in the face, Maurice?' What a story!I wonder if Betsy still has her 'treasure.'