
“The Tell Tale Heart” is a short story written by Edgar Allan Poe and published in 1843. The story is about a man who commits a murder. It seems to be a perfect murder, but something extrange happens to him when the police arrives.
This is a very gripping story, whith a mixture of suspence and terror. I am completely sure you will enjoy to read it as I did. I fully recommend it.
10 comments:
I have read this short story some years ago, but I did it in spanish. I really like Edgar Allan Poe, I have read some stories written by him, but all in spanish. I really enjoyed them!!!! I think he was a great writer!!
Definitely one of my favourite!
I will read something written by him in English. Giselle
Hi everybody! I´d like to say that I read some of poe´s short stories and all of them are excellent. I haven´t read this short story yet but I´m sure that I will do it.
I´d like to tell you that I´m downloading from you tube "the black cat" and I´d like to share this film with you.no doubt in writing me an e- mail or commentary.
bye
c u!
Marisol
Hello, Frankly speaking, I've never read anything about Poe. However, I know some features of him like the fact that he employed gottic writing and a literary device called 'the unity of impression'. The former aspect refers to the use of narrative techniques like for ex. imagery showing a dark mood, medieval castles and graveyards. The latter refer to a character situated in a predicament like placed isolation where bizarre or strange things occur to him. Poe is also known as the father of short since these were more egalitarian and easy-reading than novels. Ok See u.
I read "The Black Cat" by Edgar Allan Poe a few years ago. I think it is a classic short story.
Dear noelia,
I really agree with you, I think Poe writes in a very symbolic way, and he produces very dark descriptions which scared you. I have read "THe fall OF the Usher's house" a novel about a turbulent relation between a
brother and sister. Poe used many auditory images and you can feel them very vivid.
Hi Maria Laura, I saw 'The house of the Usher' on TV when I was a child and I remember I was so afraid that I couldn't get sleep. To be worst, all my family had gone to sleep and had left me alone in the living room as whimsically I wanted to see that film. It was pathetic. This film and the exorsist were, at least to me, the most frightful films I've ever seen in my life. Oh, sorry, I lie, I've recently seen a film titled 'The Monk'(La Monja which is also terrifying, although this time I could get sleep. I didn't know that 'The Usher's house' was written by Edgar Alan Poe. WEll, bye.
I read this story with " The black cat" and "The fall of Usher´s house" when I was in the secondary school but they were not in their full version.Although I do not like stories of mystery and the macabre very much, I remember I really enjoyed them. I think Poe´s way of writing is excellent.
I read this story in spanish some years ago. Then, I read it in Oral Expression. I think that it is a very good story with a gripping plot. I have read others Poe´s stories, and I recommend them if you like this kind of books.
Edgar Allan Poe writes excellent stories.I have read two of them and I really enjoyed them. I am sure that this one is one of them.
Post a Comment