J.K.Rowling.Review by Roberto Quinteros, July 20, 2008.
J. K. Rowling is back with the sixth book of her amazing stories about the most famous wizard we have ever known, Harry Potter. As she has already been doing on the previous volumes, Harry is living with his uncles and their son Dudley, waiting to see his friends, Ron and Hermione, on their sixth year at Hogwarts, the school for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But the most expected is to see a new appearance of Voldemort, the eternal villain, and how Harry will defeat him this time.
Although many teenagers and adults have become keen on these stories, this book is directed to children so the style that Rowling uses is very simple and easy to read. It is a very big book for children, people can say, but that is because she passionately spent a lot of words by writing dialogues which are accompanied with descriptions of gestures and feelings, so the readers can make their own film in their head.
In the first chapter, we can notice that there is a big change. Dudley and Harry become friends. They are enjoying a good time celebrating their graduation by having a soda drinking contest. And at the end of it, we surprisingly see that
Rowling cannot contain her excitement about this work and she expresses all that she feels at the end of the book: ‘Wow, two books down! One more to go! I can’t believe I actually did it… wow. This Book Six is just ONE page shorter than Book Five was… ARG! …. But, first, I must say that this book would not have been possible if I had not had the support from all of you fans out there…’
I absolutely recommend this book for those who love fantasy and adventure. The film has not been released on theatres yet, and it depends on you if you prefer that the film shows you the story or you want to know now what is going to happen. In my opinion, this is the perfect moment to read it because then, you can go to the cinema and act as the specialist who knows everything about it. But above all, you can evaluate the movie according to what you have read in order to make out if there are concordances with your personal images. Both ways are good enough to enjoy this story. Don’t miss them, you won’t be let down.
12 comments:
I love Rowling's Harry Potter saga. I think this one is in third place, being in first "Harry Potter and the golbet of fire" and in second "Harry Potter and the deathly hallows". I'm sorry we, HP fans, will have to wait a year to see the sixth movie.
Daniela
I do not like fantasy stories, but according to what the review says, perhaps I will choose to read one of Rowling's books.
Noelia.
According to this review the story sounds quite interesting. I agree with the idea of reading the book first and then go to the cinema too see, on scenes, what I imagine in my mind about the story. Perhaps I will sit to read this story.
I think the problem with the book is that the reader has to read the rest of the books of the Harry Potter saga to understand this one.By reading the review I thought it would be a good idea to read "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" until I realized I need to know the story from very the beginning to understand it.
Hi Robert! I agree with you that it's a good idea to read first and then watch the film but I wouldn't like to read 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'.I think that it is too long and after watching the first and the second Harry Potter's film, it is just more of the same.
Hi Robert! I agree with you that it's a good idea to read first and then watch the film but I wouldn't like to read 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'.I think that it is too long and after watching the first and the second Harry Potter's film, it is just more of the same.
I have seen the films and I think they are good. I am not a Harry Potter´s fan, but peharps reading one fo the Rowling´s book would be a nice opportunity to compare the film and the book
Hi, I've never read Harry Potter because I have always consired it to be a book for children. Nevertheless, I have sooner become aware of adults being habitual and fans readers of the book. May be, I should start to have a look at this.
I really like fantasy stories, for that reason I have enojoyed all the Harry Potter's films. But I absolutely sure that is better to read the book first, and then see the movie, so I agree with you Robert, that this is the perfect moment to read this book written by Rowling's
Hi ROBERT, perhaps I am becoming old, because I do not enjoy fantasy stories as I used to. Anyway I saw the films, but they were not very interesting for me. I will take your advise and I will read other books from this author.
I like fantasy and adventure stories. I have watched all the films carried out of Harry Potter. These were absorbing films with powerful climaxes and brilliant acting. But I know it is more interesting to read and find many details that I would find in the movies. So I think it could be a great option.
carolina
Roberto, I like your review, it is very clear but I prefer to read stories that let you a message or something to reflect. I love classics stories. Despite of this, I’ll try to choose a fiction story for the next time in order to change the genre of the stories that I read.
Post a Comment