from “Crime never Pays”
Oxford Bookworms collection.
A review
By Errandonea Gabriela
“Three is a lucky number” is an absorbing story about a man who chooses a rather curious way of earning a living and acquiring an income. He is a thorough and meticulous person who plans homicides carefully to get a perfect murder. Allingham `s way of telling stories is extremely gripping and her way of organizing the events into and combining words together create an exciting theme which captures and holds the readers `s attention.
Ronald, who is the main character, tells the story from his point of view. He finds an unusual job as a professional murderer to get fresh money. His mortal procedure consists in looking for middle-aged shy women who he persuades to marry him and then he inherit their modest possessions once the newly-wed wife is assassinated. Mary is his first victim, Dorothy is the second one, and finally , he plans his third murder against Edyth:
“At five o’clock on a September afternoon Ronald Frederick Torbay was making preparations for his third murder.”
Don `t miss it. “Three is a Lucky Number”, is a highly recommended short story because readers who enjoy original suspense keep reading to discover what happens till the end of the story. The description of the events makes the story a catchy piece of reading.
4 comments:
"Three is a lucky number" is one of my favourite short stories. I read it some time ago and I still remember its absorbing plot.As Gabriela has said, “Three is a Lucky Number”, is a highly recommended short story.
When I read Gabriela'review, I began to think that 'Three is a Lucky Number' will be a good story to read but I decided to read it when Marisol told about the absorbing plot it has.So, I don't want to miss it.
It sounds like a wicked and bloody story! How can I miss something like that! I will read it as soon as I get it. Children love this kind of horror stories. It is good to have one at hand in order to work with our students.
I think we read this short story last year, but Im not sure.I liked this story because it was easy to follow and gripping.The way the author tells the story and the plot made the story very interesting.
Post a Comment