(fanfiction on “The Selfish Giant” and “Jack and The Beanstalk”)
By Martínez Sandra
Once upon a time there was a beautiful Duck, called Rowina, who used to swim majestically along a lake. One day, a Selfish Giant, who was looking for something to eat, saw Rowina and caught her in order to prepare a cold soup.
“Please, please, let me go!” begged Rowina, “My people will live in poverty if I don’t give them my golden eggs.”
“Your golden eggs!” the Giant replied surprised.
Immediately, the Giant, who was only thinking in his well-being, put Rowina in a cage and he said coldly, “If you want your freedom, you have to give me an egg.”
Sadly, Rowina agreed.
Believing that the Giant would allow her to go away, Rowina fulfilled with her part of the deal. As he saw the golden egg, the Selfish Giant realized how it would change his life. Thus, he closed the door of Rowina´s cage and waited for more eggs.
Time went by and The Giant turned into a well-off one. However, he was not happy since he could see his garden turned grey and dull.
“I can’t understand why all around my castle looked dreary,” the selfish Giant said, as he saw through the window. “I hope there will be a change soon.”
But it was always drab there and Rowina knew the reason why it happened.
“Giant, giant!” yelled Rowina, “your garden is sad because of my captivity. Please, let me go. Animals will disappear and my people and you will die of starvation if you don’t allow me to be free.”
Not believe Rowina, the Selfish Giant went for a walk without worry. Surprised, he found animals, plants and trees dead on his way.
“Rowina was right,” the Selfish Giant roared, “I only thought in my own needs and wishes.”
Gasping how selfish he had been, the Giant permitted her to leave. As he did so, Rowina smiled at him and kissed him in return. At that moment, The Giant took all the golden eggs and gave them back to the real owner.
Rowina thanked The Giant for having given her all the golden eggs and her freedom back and offered him a gift: her friendship.
2 comments:
HI Sandra,
I love this fan fiction. It is a classic story to children or anyone who likes stories with happy ending.
I agree with Gabriela. I like your fan fiction. I have not read the original stories, but I really enjoyed yours.
Congrats!
Post a Comment